Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) Registration
Pakistan Engineering Council is a statutory body, constituted under the PEC Act, to regulate the engineering profession in the country such that it shall function as key driving force for achieving rapid and sustainable growth in all national, economic and social field. Pakistan Engineering Council main statutory functions include registration of engineers, consulting engineers, constructors/operators and accreditation of engineering programs offered by universities/institutions, ensuring and managing of continuing professional development, assisting the Federal Government as Think Tank, establishing standards for engineering products and services besides safeguarding the interest of its members. The council shall encourage, facilitate and regulate working of professional engineering bodies for creativity and as custodians of engineering under the umbrella of the Council.
We provide services for registration with PEC, our services include:
Consultancy for Registration
Documentation for Registration
Processing of Registration Application
To obtain registration with PEC as constructor / operator / firm one must meet the registration criteria for the category in which registration is applied for.
Both Pakistani & Foreign Constructors / Operators / firms can obtain PEC registration by applying on the prescribed forms available on PEC official website. Before filling in this form, it is recommended to see Engineering Works Bylaws. After filling in this form according to the instructions given at the end of form, it should be submitted at one of the PEC offices along with the documents required and the prescribed fee for the category applied for.
The application cases are then scrutinized and information given by the applicant is verified by PEC. If no discrepancies are found, the Enrollment Committee makes decision to register the applicant. Thus, a License /Enlistment Certificate is issued to the Pakistani / Foreign Constructor / Operator / Firms.
Documents Required for New Registration/ Renewal/ Upgradation of Constructors / Operators
- New Registration forms
- Renewal forms
- Upgradation forms
- Specimen Of Undertaking to be submitted by applicant for Change Of Name
- Undertaking by Owner of C-6/O-6 & C-5/O-5 firm(s) for physical verification of Engineer(s) through biometric system.
- Undertaking by Owner of C-4/O-4 to C-A/O-A firm(s) for physical verification of Engineer(s) through biometric system & employment of Registered Engineer (R.E) having supervisory certificate with firm as prescribed in Table “A & B” by February 15, 2017
Guidelines for Registration as Registered Engineer’s (R.E.)
Registered Engineer” means a person who holds an accredited engineering qualification, whether working privately or in the employment of an engineering public organization and is registered as such by the Council. Registered Engineer shall perform all professional engineering works except independently signing designs.
- Engineer(s) graduated after April 2005, from any Pakistani or Foreign engineering University/Institution are registered as “Registered Engineer”, provided they possess accredited engineering qualification.
- “Registered Engineer” is a person who holds a Bachelor degree in any Engineering Discipline/ Engineering program of a University/institution accredited by PEC or Professional Body of the respective country.
- For Pakistani Engineering Universities/Institutions detail, please visit: First Schedule
- For Foreign Engineering Universities/Institutions detail, please visit: Second Schedule
- It is mandatory for an applicant to provide correct information while submitting an application through online system, as he/she will not be able to amend/change any data after submission of application.
- Readable scanned copies of the testimonials, fee voucher, CNIC, signature and photograph with a blue background be uploaded. The same photograph will be printed on the PEC registration certificate.
- JPEG or JPG file format for the scanned document is always recommended.
- 300KB file size of scanned documents is always recommended.
- File size must not exceed 01 MB and is not recommended to be lower than 250Kb.
- Google Chrome (latest version) is the recommended browser for online application submission.
- Registration fee can be deposited in Pak rupee or foreign currency.For detail, please visit: Click here
- In case of online payment, the scanned document of original acknowledgement receipt must be uploaded.
- Cashier cheque/Banker cheque is not acceptable.
- PEC grants Complimentary registration to all such applicants who graduated in the year 2019 & 2020. Graduates of the previous year(s) are required to deposit fee as per schedule. Furthermore, if an applicant wants to avail Life Time subscription offer, he may deposit requisite fee of Rs. 1,000/- (Rupees one thousand only).
- Registration Certificate along with complimentary smart card is issued in the same year when an applicant applies for and their validity expires in the same year when it is issued.
- The registration must be renewed after its expiry. For detail, please visit: Renewal Guidelines
Registration Procedure for Constructors and Operators
To obtain registration with PEC as constructor / operator one must meet the registration criteria for the category in which registration is applied for. Both Pakistani & Foreign Constructors / Operators can obtain PEC Registration by applying on the Prescribed Forms available on PEC official website Click here. Before filling in this form, it is recommended to see Engineering Works ByeLaws Click here. After filling in this Form according to the instructions given at the end of Form, it should be submitted at one of the PEC offices along with the documents required and the prescribed fee for the category applied for.
The application cases are then scrutinized and information given by the applicant is verified by PEC. If no discrepancies are found, the Enrolment Committee makes decision to register the applicant. Thus, a License /Enlistment Certificate is issued to the Pakistani / Foreign Constructor / Operator.